Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sarai's Introduction


I am a little late on my introduction, but I guess it's better late than never, so here it goes.


I was born and raised in Mexico, lived there 'til I was 13 yrs old when my parents decided to move to San Antonio Texas. I have practically lived in the U.S.A for more than half of my life (I'm 27 yrs old now). Then again, my parents decided to move. We moved to Utah where I have lived for 8 yrs now. I met my husband a few weeks after arriving in Utah, and got married 2 yrs later. We have been married for 5 yrs and we have two beautiful little girls-a 19 month old, and 3 yrs old, that I get to stay home with. They are so much fun.

Like many of you I was never the athletic type. In fact, I hated to run whenever I was required to (e.i. P.E class) I did some dancing in High School (yes, dancing is a sport) But that was the closest I ever got to being athletic. I started running about 4 yrs ago after my husband and I brought our first baby home, a puppy! and being a puppy he just had so much energy that walking wasn't doing anything to him nor me, so we started running. Then I got pregnant and had my first baby, and instead of one running buddy I had two! Got pregnant again and my running team grew once more. At the beginning my reason for running was only for the weight loss. Last year a friend encourage me to train and enter a 5K race and it was then that running took a whole different meaning. I started running for time and for distance and became hooked on the sense of accomplishment that beating a previous best time or running a longer distance gave me. I am addicted now. Since last year I have ran one 5K and two 10K's and I am currently training for my first half marathon in April.

I am really excited about this race. I saw someone blog in the Marathon Mommies about one of these relay races and I wished I could do something like that, only I would never be able to talk anyone into something like this, so I would only wish.......NOT! This is awesome! Thanks for making my wish come true!

5 comments:

Jen said...

So nice to meet you! And by the picture of your dog I can see why you'd need to run him! You have a really cute family and I can't wait to meet you in person!

JP said...

I'm so glad you posted this!

And I have to agree with Jen...your dog is huge and I can almost picture you guys running, LOL!

Love this!

Mel said...

So, are you running the SLC half? I can't wait to meet you!

Kristyn said...

So cool! I love your picture, and I can't wait to get to know you! Your family is so cute!

amydear said...

Welcome to the team! I hope it's not snowing by the time we run. :) I'm glad you get your wish to do a relay. It's going to be great!