Friday, May 29, 2009

I guess I should do mine too...


I'm Tiffany and this is my wonderful family. A year and a half ago. We lived in Fresno, CA then. That's where I met Mandy H. and thus my relationship to the WB and y'all. The y'all comes from when we lived in Missouri (or Miz-ur-a). My husband, Scott, went to medical school there and did his residency in Fresno. He's a pediatrician and we are now in Cedar City, UT. Our three beautiful daughters are Sierra 8, Oakley 5, and Izi 2.

When I was younger I hated running. I struggled with it every time they made us do it in gym. That was the only time I would run, because there was a grade attached to it. I loathed it.

I started working out about a year after Sierra was born and did a lot of weight and circuit training. During that time, I ran the cardio part of the circuit, it was only 3 min at a time. One day I just wanted to see how long I could run. So I did. 43 minutes later I was SO happy and had run the whole time! I could not believe what I had accomplished. That was it, I was hooked. It was then that I realized it was mostly mental for me. Since then I've done a few 5K's, two 10K's and a half. I'm not much of a racer, but the WB sounded like too much fun to pass up.

I am not fast. I don't do it for others. I do this for me. It is the one and only thing that is all mine. As a mom, you know, we share EVERYTHING. But this is my time, my thoughts, my music, my therapy. I do go out with a kid or two in the jogger now and then, but mostly, it's just me, well and the dog too. I enjoy running with others, when I do it's more for the social than anything else. You can have the best conversations, ones you wouldn't normally have, on a long run together.

I also enjoy baking bread and cookies, but I hate thinking up and making dinner. Spending time with my family, reading, and helping others are some of my other loves. Oh, I LOVE to take naps too. We just bought our first home last summer and I absolutely L-O-V-E it!! After 12 years of school, being poor, moving, apartments and rentals it is SO nice to have our place. This year we have officially put in our first garden and that's been a lot of fun. I also blog a bit, www.newboldland.blogspot.com So there you have it. I am excited to meet you all and I am looking forward to this great adventure!

This is Sierra, me, and Oakley at Zion Nat'l Park trying on the biggest shades we could find.


Duke, one of my favorite running partners.



This was taken about a month ago, in front of the girls school.


Bread I made for a bake sale.



7 comments:

amydear said...

Nice to meet you! I assume you're on my team since I'm with the Fresno girls, but what's your first name? Your entry doesn't say it, and your signature with blogger doesn't either. Thanks!

Bart, Erin, Hunter, Jorden and a couple of crazy dogs said...

This is Tiffany :)

The Newbold's said...

Sorry I left out my name, I fixed it.

Mel said...

You have a beautiful family! I can't wait to meet you in just a few weeks! Oh, and your bread looks like it was made by a Master Chef... wish I could get mine to look like that:)

Tall Girl Running said...

Pleased to meet ya, Tiffany! Will you be providing your home-baked bread for snacks during the run? I can't look at the picture without drooling.

See you soon!

Team Hillman said...

Oh Tiffany, how I miss your bread. I am so excited that you are running this race with us. I can't wait to see you!

Jen said...

Tiffany, it's been so good getting to know you through your blog. What a cute family you have. I loved your description of why you run. We have similar reasons! I think we all probably do. Can't wait to meet you in real life!