Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Breakfast Club

Greetings, Fellow Wasatch Backers--

The wait is almost over! A little more than a week from now we'll all be gathering for the adventure of a lifetime. I don't know about you all, but I'm nervous, anxious, antsy and just plain excited! I can't wait to meet you all and share this experience together.

My parents have been kind enough to offer their home in Logan as a gathering place for a breakfast the morning of the race. You are welcome to come anytime you'd like that morning to visit and mingle, but we'll plan on eating at 10:00. From there, we can pack up our vans and get to where we need to be to start the relay at 12:30.

We'll have everything prepared so you don't need to worry about bringing anything. If you'd be willing to pitch in two or three dollars to help cover the cost of the meal, we'll take care of everything else. Menu is still tentative but here's what I'm thinking:

French toast w/syrup
Scrambled eggs
Fruit bowl (bananas, melons, strawberries, pineapple, etc.)
Bagels with cream cheese
Juice (orange, apple, cranberry...)

I've purposefully avoided any heavy breakfast meats since I don't want to be responsible for any of our runners getting sick on their first legs over the bacon or sausage that didn't quite settle! If there's any suggestions that you have of favorite breakfast foods you like to eat before you run, by all means pass them on. We aim to please!

I'd rather not post contact info or directions publicly here on the blog, so if you plan on coming to the breakfast, please email me at tallgirlrunning@gmail.com and I'll get that information to you. That will also help give me a count of how many people to plan for. If your volunteers will be with you, they are also welcome to come... just let me know. And while I'd love to have your entire families come, we better keep it to just the runners and volunteers so my parents don't have second thoughts about offering their hospitality!

If I've missed anything, please let me know. Thanks and see you soon!

Angie

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

Kelly and I will be there. I'll email you for info.

Mel said...

I will be there! I too will email you for directions.

Jen said...

Ang, I'll be there! This is so nice of your parents. It will be perfect!

amydear said...

Sounds delish! I love French toast and fruit. Thanks again.