Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Huge Thank-You

Wow, it has been a whirlwind weekend and, having slept just 45 minutes in the past 2 days, I have really GOT to get to bed. But before I do, I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you wonderful ladies for what you contributed to make this such a fun experience! I was blown away by the creativity and effort our teammates exerted to decorate the cars; I was thrilled by the beautiful goody boxes, t-shirts, and the billion other details Erin and Lindsey had for us (Erin, you were the world's greatest team captain). The breakfast at Angie's was amazing and the dinner at Chelle's was incredibly fun too. Mostly, I just loved getting to know you all. Really, it was so much fun.

I heard the Mommies Got Back team had a few hangups. I hope everyone is feeling okay (Kelly? Sarah?) and that Emeliee got to finish her last leg. That one about did me in with the lightning. We were sorry we didn't get to see more of you guys. But though it didn't work out the way you'd imagined, I hope you still had a good time--maybe in a different way.

I also want to say I'm sorry to my team for the strange way I behaved at the end of the race (tears and inability to talk). I think I was in a little shock or something from the fear of lightning, or from the freezing cold soaking wetness of my clothes and shoes.

Oh, and I ended up with an empty camera case. Is anyone missing theirs (Angie, will you ask your parents?) I can mail it to you. Also, Erin, I got away with your car splitter thing. I am so sorry. I'll mail it to your house right away. I think I have your address. If not, I will contact you.

Thanks girls! I hope we'll get to see some fun photos in the next few days.

Oh, and do they post results at some point? Does anybody know?

It was wonderful meeting and chatting with you! Best of luck with those sore bodies.

--Emily

2 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Emily, I wish I could have hung out with you more! Maybe next time. The weather was crazy, but it made for great stories!

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your rest.

Sarai said...

Wasatch Back was a blast! I would do it again tomorrow...or next year :) All of you are amazing runners and mommies. I was so impressed learning about all of you. You inspire me. Emily I didn't even see you crying or I would have given you a big hug. You guys (van 2) did great! You guys got the hardest end of the deal, but rocked it anyway! That Ragnar hill, which I would also like to see for myself one day, and that horrible storm at the end. You rocked!